Wednesday, September 5, 2012

You Plan, God Laughs

So here I sit.  Peet's on Lakeshore.  My sister from Tahoe recommended I try Arizmendi -- a cooperative of bakers with AWESOME pastries and bread.  I had my whole day planned but I know that I am not in control because nothing is going "according to schedule" -- which translates really to "MY" schedule.

I was going to take Mimi to school.  Take my cellphone back after three days of just being purchased, then head on to Spin class...then work.  1pm drive to SF airport to pick up the niece coming back from Senegal, work some more, go to Madrassa -- settle the new teacher, go to committee meeting and then FINALLY, drive the one hour to Sonoma for my Mom...which I estimate would be around 9 or 9:30 pm.  Visit with her, sleep and then turn around for home and deposit my daughter back in school the next day.

But no...instead, I am sitting here watching other morning coffee(tea) sippers watch other people.  The AT&T phone place not opening until 10 am...I am in Oakland and my Spin class starts at 10:30 in Alameda...I still have to get changed to my work-out clothes...and on and on...

Yesterday was the same...literally, drove myself to an absolute tizzy with my trying to keep "on track" -- husband looking at me like I'm a crazed maniac let loose on the streets.  Is it hormones?

Ibz made a funny observation the other day...he said it seemed the people whom he knew that practice YOGA are the ones MOST stressed...then, he went on to enumerate them...which included yours truly.  "Ha, ha...not funny!", I said.

A good thing that came from all that -- the kids were forced to cook dinner at 9 last night.  They actually did a good job with the meatballs..."Sorry," I said, "I really don't like to eat meat anymore."



My perfectionism is my worst enemy!  I should be more like Katniss, the Yoga cat...she knows how to live life!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment