Saturday, September 1, 2012

Hummingbird and dolmas


It was truly an incredible sight.  A green hummingbird fluttering from one flowering plant to another.  I stood mesmerized as it did this 3 minute dance performance from the jasmine to the morning glory and then the marigold...it even stopped and perched on the jasmine for a brief second or two.  I felt the same delight as a 5 year old seeing a magic show or fireworks for the first time...AWESOME!!!  I love having my garden.



Sitting around an outdoor cafe' with a group of women -- an afternoon tea party.  They served us with a gorgeous platter of dolmas and hummus. The afternoon sun smiling warmly at our group.  Warm tea, good food, good company.


1 comment:

  1. gardens and a special visit from our local hummingbirds makes having a garden even more pleasurable. I treasure sitting in my yard watching the birds swoop in and chatter with each other, it makes for a relaxing way to begin our day. What a blessing and reminder to enjoy the little things in life, which often relate to the bigger things. Add to that some tea and friends to enjoy an afternoon .
    konami

    ReplyDelete